You must be an approved Co-op member to rent studio time at Terminal City Glass Co-op.
Or, if you prefer, visit us on Newbie Night.
NOTE: All rental rates are subject to GST. The rates below do not include GST.
These additional Hot Shop charges apply regardless of Plan type:
- Hot shop torch use is $4.00 per slot (or $1.00/hr)
- Garage use is $10.00 per slot (or $2.50/hr)
- Overage Charge: $3.30 per lb over the allowed 16 lbs per blow slot.
These additional Flame Shop charges apply regardless of Plan type:
- Mid Range torch use is an additional $2.00 per hour
- Red Max torch use is an additional $4.00 per hour
Schedules for Booking or Logging Time
Members can use these links to jump right to the Supersaas schedules.
Hot Shop Rental
- We offer 3 blow slots per day.
- Each slot is 4 hours.
- Start times are 9:30 am, 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm.
- Includes shared kiln. (Private kilns available, but limited!)
- Must be an approved Co-op member to sign-up.
- Pre-booking required.
- Available from 8:00 am to 1:00 am daily. You may not start work before 8:00 am and must finish by 1:00 am.
- Time is billed in 15 minute increments.
- Rental includes the use of a shared kiln (either boro or soft glass)
- Must be an approved Co-op member to rent time in the flameworking studio.
- Pre-booking not required
- Two torches on the side station are available when a class or private lesson is using the full flame table. Side station torches are first come, first served.
Cold Shop Rental
- Includes full use of cold shop machines.
- Includes use of studio belts & blades. (Purchase of own belts & blades recommended for important work.)
- Does not include grit.
- Does not include storage space.
- Users must have taken a Cold Shop Orientation (for members only) or equivalent.
(First Tuesday of each month.)
Sandblaster RentalUsers must have taken a Sandblaster Orientation (for members only) or equivalent.
Please log your sandblaster time on the clipboard in the sandblaster room.
Private Kiln Rental
- Small (annealer 2): $20 + GST per 24 hours
- Medium (annealer 1, 4 or 5): $25 + GST per 24 hours
- Large (annealer 3): $30 + GST per 24 hours
- Kiln rental is for members only, and for use with our glassblowing and flameworking facilities.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate fusing projects.
Member Shelf Rental
- Large: 36”W x 24”D x 13.5”H $275 + GST per year
- Medium: 36”W x 18”D x 13.5”H $215 + GST per year
- Small: 12”W x 13.5”H x 24”D $95 + GST per year
Shelf rental is for TCGC members only. Rental is billed annually at the start of the year and pro-rated for rentals starting after that. All tools, materials and work are used or left on the shelf at the member’s risk. Abandoned shelves become property of the Co-op after three months of non-payment.
Please contact the Studio Manager about current availability.