We are ABLAZE with the possibilities of soft glass and beads!
For 4 days -- Thursday August 23 to Sunday August 26 -- Terminal City Glass Co-op is the place to be! Three extraordinary guest instructors, lots of torch time, plenty of networking and creative sharing...and all in beautiful Vancouver!
Look who's coming to teach!
Rare Chemistry: Silver Glass, Foil & Leaf
Explore how silver and hot glass transform each other in extraordinary ways! With a background in painting, art history, ceramics, textiles, jewelry and finally glass, Holly melds all of these disparate disciplines into her creative work. She draws inspiration from a variety of cultures. Holly's website
Kristen Frantzen Orr
Striped Cane and Floral Beads
Learn how to make swirly garlands of blooms on the surface of your beads! Kristen has taught at the ISGB Gathering, Great Basin College, and glass studios in North America and Europe. Her work has been featured in over 30 books and magazines.
Sara Sally LaGrand
Imaginary: A build-a-bug workshop!
Learn to create and assemble individual components, using techniques that can be transferred to other projects. Sara Sally has taught at home in Kansas City and internationally, and is a former ISGB Board member. She holds a BA in glass formation from Park University, Parkville, MO. Sara Sally's website
Look what you get!
- 3.5 days of instruction from our guest instructors!
- Guaranteed torch time during all instructor sessions, so you can try out new techniques right away!
- Guaranteed open torch time every day!
- Bnus evening workshops to help you learn new off-torch skills like mold making, seed bead bezels, using Rayzist, and more!
- Silent Auction including glass, tools and equipment!
- Peer-to-peer Bead Market, so you can sell your own beads!
- Catered lunches and snacks each day, plus a BBQ Saturday night!
Want to know more?
Download this article by Janice Peacock about ABLAZE 2017, published in Glass Bead Evolution. (Download opens in a new window.)